In line with the British Orienteering regulations regarding Safeguarding, Image Taking and the Use of Images dated 16 July 2016:-
- Please be aware that photography is permitted at all our events by spectators and parents though not anywhere where children may be changing e.g. club tent, car park, toilets, changing areas. On occasions the landowner may ban the taking of images, in which case this will be made clear at the event.
- Whilst the sharing of images taken at our events is not forbidden, please do think about how and where you share them and do not display children's names with the image.
- Any parents not wishing their children to be photographed should inform the Event Organiser and a wristband will be issued. Photographers should not take photos of any child wearing a wristband and any that are accidently taken should be deleted.
- SYO will not share photos of children on websites, social media, posters, in the press and other publications unless we have parental permission.
- If you have any concerns regarding inappropriate or intrusive photography please report them to an Event Official.