There are lots of benefits of joining South Yorkshire Orienteers. As a member, you will...
- get regular updates about forthcoming events
- free SYO training and coaching sessions
- qualify for discounts on entry fees at events across the country
- be able to represent the club at relay races and club competitions
- be part of one of the most successful and active clubs in the country
- and of course get to come along to our great social events and get to know other members (usually combined with some orienteering).
By joining the club you will also become a member of British Orienteering, which offers you even more benefits. As a British Orienteering member, you will receive:
- four copies of the British Orienteering magazine, Focus, which includes the junior magazine Ozone.
- the option to sign up for a range of e-newsletters
- eligibility to compete in the British Championships, JK, national, regional and local events
- opportunity to qualify to represent your country at international competitions
- the option to compete in a Rankings scheme.
- access to a 'Navigational Challenge' and 'Racing Challenge' Incentive Scheme
- public liability insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM
- discounts from national companies through the member discounts scheme
- access to a members only section of the website.
We have two basic membership grades:
Senior – aged 21 or older on 31 Dec of the membership year - £20.00
Junior – aged 20 or younger on 31 Dec of the membership year - £6.30
If you join after 1 November of any year, your membership will last until the end of December the following year.
This annual membership fee also includes membership of the Yorkshire & Humberside Orienteering Association (YHOA) and British Orienteering. Membership and Renewals are administered by British Orienteering on our behalf.
Join now this takes you to the British Orienteering website to complete the online form. The club and association will be be pre-filled using this link, you just need to add your personal details.
If you would prefer to pay by cheque, then download a membership form here:
You can also join over the phone, by contacting British Orienteering on 01629 734042.
As a club, we rely on our members to help put on a wide range of races and events throughout the year. We expect all our members to help out with at least a couple of events each year – it's a great way to meet the club, and put something back into the sport. Your help will only be needed for a few hours each year, and helps us to keep running lots of races and events.
For more information about volunteering and helping the club, and to offer your help at future events, please contact our volunteer co-ordinator here.