Whilst you enjoy a well-earned rest this holiday, don't forget to take us with you! Below is a fab list of holiday reading/watching/listening (compiled by Nick L) that should keep you entertained...
- The JOK Chasing Sprint, featured on BBC Scotland's The Adventure Show is an excellent attempt to make orienteering look like a serious sport, but something anyone can have a go at. Watch the live coverage from it on BBC iPlayer (link ending soon)
- 'The Run In' Podcast is hosted by former ShUOC (Sheffield Uni) students Katherine Bett and Will Gardner. The first episode featured former SYO coach Kris Jones and a more recent episode features our very own Cat Taylor.
- Whilst listening to the podcasts its worth looking at the relevant maps (Episode 2 - World Cup / Episode 3 - Jukola)
- There's a nice interview with Cat in Athletics Weekly
- The On The Red Line website covers the GB Elite team who compete on the international stage
- The SLOW 'Think Fast, Run Hard' videos featuring many of the GB team members including local post-grad student Charlotte Ward
- SYO itself even makes the news from time to time - here for its Junior Development programme
Have a great holiday (maybe with some Summer Multidays and adventures abroad?), and see you all in September for a jam-packed Autumn of Orienteering!