After a short summmer break, the Junior of the Month series starts again, just in time for the beginning of term. It's important to find a balance between orienteering and school work, and with the nights drawing in, SYO's Wednesday evening club night kicked off with a great session at Burbage Mines. It's perfect for all ages, especially younger juniors, with great coaching in fun areas! This month we talked to Jack B, a younger junior who's has many great results recently, including multiple British medals....!
- When/how did you start orienteering? I've no idea exactly. Quite a long time ago though!
- What’s your best achievement? Getting a gold medal in the 2021 British Sprint Champs (and a bronze in the relays the day before!)
- What big events and club competitions are you doing this year? The british long distance champs, and the SYO school's league.
- Who's your main rival? Louis B.
- What training do you do? SYO's Wednesday club night.
- What’s your orienteering goal? I don't have one!
- What comes to mind when told ‘We’re going orienteering’? Oh no not again!
- What other sports/activities do you do? Karate, Capareira.
- What's your favourite meal? It changes every depending on what I feel like. Today its ribs.
- What’s your orienteering top tip? Have fun!!!
And a bonus questions....
- Which do you prefer: Urban or Forest orienteering? And Why? Forest - I find it way more fun.