It's an incredibly busy time in the orienteering calendar, with the biggest National events taking place in April and May. And of course 12 of our juniors are currently away competing at WSOC in Estonia. Despite all this going on, before her departure to compete in the Junior Girls Select category at WSOC, we managed to catch up with Alex to ask her a few questions. You can check out how the WSOC team are getting on via the Offical WSOC 2019 Website
- When/how did you start orienteering? I started orienteering before I was born! I have always done it due to my parents' enthusiasm, but I first went on my own when I was 7 at Cold Ash - where we were for the JK Long this year.
- What’s your best achievement? When I was W10 I was British Champion in Sprint, middle and classic. Also rather chuffed to be selected for World Schools.
- What big events have you done? All big event in the UK. Also O Ringen and Interland.
- Who’s your main rival? Imogen P - best friends until the start line! ;)
- What training do you do? Wednesday club night and one other run, plus orienteering every weekend.
- What’s your orienteering goal? To get selected for JHI and Lagganlia. Top 3 at JK.
- What comes to mind when told ‘We’re going orienteering’? Who's going and is there a cake stall!?
- What other sports/activities do you do? Hockey and Tennis and gym.
- What’s your favourite meal? Jacky's spag bol and garlic bread.
- What’s your orienteering top tip? Have a plan and stick to it. Don't let others put you off.