It's already feeling like Autumn... it's not stopped raining for days, the leaves are starting to fall, and the nights are drawing in! So after a tough bit of training in the cold and torchlight, why not settle down by the fire and have a read of this month's Junior of the Month - and it's a good one! A stiff rival of our JoM from sunny June, Ella is competing amazingly on the national stage, taking all of the British Sprint, British Middle and JK Sprint titles this year!!! Find out more in her bio...
- When/how did you start orienteering? Both parents orienteer so I've always done it.
- What’s your best achievement? Winning JK relays with Charlotte C and Oscar P!
- What big events have you done? British Champs, British Cchools, OO cup in Slovenia.
- Who’s your main rival? Charlotte Chapman, we were competing on string courses as soon as we could walk, she was a quicker runner than me even back then.
- What training do you do? Club night, cross country races, lots of school sports. I'm in a squad for climbing which takes up most of my time.
- What’s your orienteering goal? Have fun!
- What comes to mind when told ‘We’re going orienteering’? When? Where?
- What other sports/activities do you do? Climbing, tennis, football, basketball, hockey, gymnastics, cheerleading, swimming, yoga.
- What’s your favourite meal? Fajitas
- What’s your orienteering top tip? Have fun!