Urban Night Event (postponed) at Ranmoor
Wed 6th Jan 2021 Start Times 17:00 - 18:30
Event postponed due to Covid-19 Lockdown.
Join us for a night urban score race around the exciting new area of Ranmoor!
Who can enter
Unfortunately those living in tier 4 areas are not permitted to enter this race. Entry priority to SYO members. If thare are still entries available, non members / members of other clubs can enter from 2nd January.
All under 16s must be accompanied by an adult as there are numerous road crossings.
How to enter
All entries must be made in advance on the SYO Entry System. Entries open Thursday 31st December and close on Monday 4th January. There is a strict limit on numbers so those wishing to run are encouraged to enter promptly. There will be no entry on the day.
Start / finish / download outside St John's Church, Ranmoor. Please be very considerate of any church users. Nearest postcode S10 3GX. What3words: output.union.frosted
Please park considerately on residential roads surrounding the Church. The best place to park will be the marked bus parking bays on Fulwood Road (Gmaps), directly outside Notre Dame School. Car parking is permitted after 4pm.
Starts 5pm to 6.30pm. You should select your start block when you enter. Please stick to your start block. Courses close 7.30pm promptly.
To complete your entry you will need to agree to "abide by the Participant Code of Conduct". This can be found here.
Courses & Scoring
The aim in a score event is to find as many controls as you can in the time allowed, earning 10 points for each control visited. If you are late back you lose points.There are 2 score options:
Long Score - 60 minutes. Penalty for lateness 10 points per minute late.
Short Score - 45 minutes - Remains north of Fulwood Rd. Penalty for lateness 5 points per minute late.
On both courses earn a bonus of 10 pts per odd-odd or even-even consecutive pair. Only your first visit to a control counts.
Brand new map created Dec 2020 by Dom Dakin. 1:5000 scale.
£6 adults, £5 British Orienteering / SYO members
£3 juniors & students.
Pairs pay for one entry, extra map £1. If you are shadowing a junior, just pay for the junior entry.
Dibber hire free but must be ordered in advance.
COVID Guidance for competitors & volunteers
Some key points from the code of conduct:
- You must not take part in any form of orienteering if you or any member of your household have had recent Covid-19 symptoms.
- Minimise contact with people from outside your household before, during and after your run. Practice social distancing at all times, including before and after your run as well as when you are out on your course. Take particular care to keep the required distance from other people in the vicinity of the Start, at download and when passing other competitors or members of the public on narrow paths, going through gates, etc.
- Do not congregate in groups greater than 6 at the event.
- Sanitise your hands before and after your run.
- Do not touch the controls. If using a SIAC dibber hover your hand above the SI unit. If dibbing, just place the dibber in the hole, without touching the box.
- Please be super courteous to any members of the public that you come across before, during or after the event.
Additional Important Safety Info
Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. You will need a headtorch and reflective clothing is strongly recommended. Please take extreme care crossing roads. Fulwood Rd must only be crossed at marked crossing points. It is highly likely that the roads / pavements will be icy or slippy with leaves - please take care!
Organiser - Pauline Tryner
Planner - Beverley Inkson
Urban and footpaths around Ranmoor & FulwoodMore details about Ranmoor...
Safety & risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event. If a competitor has a pre-existing medical condition that they think should be declared, please complete a medical form at enquiries. The sealed envelope will only be opened in an emergency.
SYO has an agreed policy on the taking of photographs at events, based on national guidance. This provides a sensible balance between the benefits and risks associated with the taking and use of images. If you are unsure about acceptable practice, please speak to the event organiser. Read our photography policy.