Weekly update 28 Oct
The TOC is back!!
This weekend we will set out temporary orienteering courses at Bowden Housteads. There will be 4 courses available - blue, green, orange and yellow. The controls will be out from 8am on Saturday 31st October until 2pm Sunday 31st October.
Thanks in advance to Oli for planning and hanging / collecting controls.
- Mini kites will be used. Some blank, some with numbers on - please ignore the numbers.
- Maps will be available from Friday 30th evening on the dedicated TOC page.. Please print the maps yourself
- Four courses on offer – Blue (4.7k), Green (3.2k) and Orange (2.6k) and yellow (1.4k).
- Please wear full leg cover.
Other important info
- Park on Bowden Wood Crescent, S9 4EB. what3words: mason.monday.camp. This is a residential road so please be really considerate of local residents
- We have a simple document, where you can upload the time you took. Even if you don't put your time down, it'd be good to know how many took part so just a name with no time is fine.You can also upload your route to RouteGadeget afterwards & comment on our Facebook thread. Links to all from the TOC page.
Covid 19 / General Health & Safety Warning
- Make sure you stay 2m away from anyone not in your household
- Be really courteous to any member of the public you come across, giving them right of way.
- Go close to the controls but don’t touch them!
- Don't take part if you're experiencing any COVID symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate.
- You can train in groups of 6 from different households but you must stay 2m apart
- If you go alone, please let someone know the details.
- Please carry your mobile phone or a whistle.
- Sanitise your hands before and after you run.
Saturday Series 3 - Botanical Gardens
Our next Saturday Series takes place on Saturday 7th November. Full details available here.
Numbers will be very strictly limited. Entries via the SYO entries system will open on Saturday 31st for SYO members and other schools league competitors on Sunday 1st Nov.
Ecclesall Woods Night Event
There will be a night orienteering event on Wed 14th November. More details will be on the website by Sunday at the latest..
There are 4 courses - blue, green, yellow, orange. All primary aged juniors should be accompanied by an adult. Juniors not confident on light green should take part in a pair. Entries via Fabian4 will open on Tuesday 3rd November. Free entry to pre-paid club night partiicipants - enter using discount code PAIDCLUBNIGHT.
Tier 2 members at SYO events in Tier 3
The government guidelines for travelling between tiers to take part in youth sport / individual exercise are a little unclear. The BOF guidance, which is taken from the Sport England website is here. Sheffield City Council have given permission for events on the basis that there will be no participants from outside of South Yorkshire. However we have sent the Sport England and BOF guidelines to them to ask for dispensation for SYO members living in tier 2 to be able to take part. We will let you know the outcome as soon as we have their response.
On-line Circuits - new Zoom link!
Developing your core body strength is important for injury prevention and improving your running speed and endurance.
Please join us on-line on a new Zoom link 7-8pm on Thursdays. Password - 1968.
Not interested any more?