Lodge Moor Evening Event - Wed 16th Sept (pre-entry only)
We have another Wednesday evening event coming up on the brand new area of Lodge Moor. Thankfully we received confirmation today that the new social gathering restrictions do not apply to organised sporting events, although of course we do need to abide by the BOF COVID event guidance.
The event be must be entered in advance - there is no entry on the day.
Please let me know if you can help. I need a small number of volunteers during the event and some control collectors. There's a 50% discount - enter with code SYOHELPER.
How to enter
All entries must be made in advance via Fabian4 Entries are now open and close on Sunday 13th September. There is a strict limit on numbers so those wishing to run are encouraged to enter promptly. There will be no entry on the day.
Predominately urban with sections of footpath, park and woodland. All courses visit the Lodge Moor Estate and old prisoner of war camp. The medium & long courses also feature the tricky Westminster Estate. A copy of the map extract is on the SYO website.
Starts 4.45pm to 6.15pm. Start times are pre-allocated. You should select your start time when you enter. Courses close 7.15pm promptly. If you think you might take a long time, please select an early start time.
Sunset is 19.18. Later starters are strongly advised to take a head torch as the woods will be gloomy.
To complete your entry you will need to agree to abide by the Participant Code of Conduct. This can be found here.
Yellow - Technically easy, ideal for younger juniors. No road crossings. Approx 2k in length
Short - A good level of technical challenge. Crosses minor roads. Suitable for 11+, Approx 3k
Medium - A good level of technical challenge. Crosses roads. 16+ only. Approx 4.5k
Long - A good level of technical challenge. Crosses roads. 16+ only. Approx 6.5k
SI controls and timing will be used, SIAC enabled.
£6 adults, £5 members
£3 juniors & students.
Dibber hire free but must be ordered in advance.
COVID Guidance for competitors & volunteers
Some key points from the code of conduct:
- You must not take part in any form of orienteering if you or any member of your household have had recent Covid-19 symptoms.
- Minimise contact with people from outside your household before, during and after your run. Practice social distancing at all times, including before and after your run as well as when you are out on your course. Take particular care to keep the required distance from other people in the vicinity of the Start, at download and when passing other competitors or members of the public on narrow paths, going through gates, etc.
- Do not congregate in groups greater than 6 at the event.
- Sanitise your hands before and after your run.
- Do not touch the controls. If using a SIAC dibber hover your hand above the SI unit. If dibbing, just place the dibber in the hole, without touching the box.
- Please be super courteous to any members of the public that you come across before, during or after the event.
Organiser - Pauline Tryner
Planner - Dom Dakin
Not interested any more?