Edge Event Wed 5 Aug (Pre-entry only)
Exciting times - we can officially orienteer again and SYO have their first event back on Wednesday 5th August. The event is open to club / British Orienteering members only and must be entered in advance - there is no entry on the day.
How to enter
All entries must be made in advance on Fabian4. Entries open Sat 1st Aug and close on Mon 3rd Aug. There is a strict limit on numbers so those wishing to run are encouraged to enter promptly. There will be no entry on the day.
Starts 5pm to 7pm. Start times are pre-allocated. You should select your start time when you enter. Courses close 7.45pm promptly. If you think you might take a long time, please select an early start time.
Yellow - 1.1km - Technically easy, ideal for younger juniors. No road crossings.
Medium - 2.7km - A good level of technical challenge. Crosses minor roads. Suitable for 11+.
Long - 4.2km - For 16+, a good level of technical challenge, includes road crossings
SI controls and timing will be used, SIAC enabled.
Mix of older Victorian buildings, modern accommodation blocks, landscaped gardens and complex walls and pathways offering challenging srpint orienteering. The long course extends down to Endlciffe Park.
£5 adults, £3 juniors & students. Pairs / family groups pay for one entry, extra map £1. Dibber hire free but must be ordered in advance.
COVID Guidance for competitors & volunteers
Some key points from the code of conduct:
- You must not take part in any form of orienteering if you or any member of your household have had recent Covid-19 symptoms.
- Minimise contact with people from outside your household before, during and after your run. Practice social distancing at all times, including before and after your run as well as when you are out on your course. Take particular care to keep the required distance from other people in the vicinity of the Start, at download and when passing other competitors or members of the public on narrow paths, going through gates, etc.
- Do not congregate in groups greater than 6 at the event.
- Saniise your hands before and after your run.
- Do not touch the controls. If using a SIAC dibber hover your hand above the SI unit. If dibbing, just place the dibber in the hole, without touching the box.
- Please be super couteous to any members of the public that you come across before, during or after the event.
Not interested any more?